Saturday, November 17, 2007

More than halfway...


...through NaBloPoMo, and I hadn't even noticed!? I'm beginning to have a bit of a love/hate relationship with it - I have appreciated the discipline of turning up at the page and writing something every day, at the same time I have chafed at the pressure, and of my own demands on myself that it be something "worthwhile".

I never did like deadlines. My mum had high hopes that I would take my creative talents further, go to art school or university, but all I could see in that future was my creative muse withering with the pressure to perform under deadline. I know... classic and typical procrastinator issues, copping out before ever really testing myself. However, I always planned to be a mature-age student - I knew that when I was ready to follow my dreams, I would - and I have been. In fact, I could happily be a student for the rest of my life, if I could afford to pursue all the courses of study that I wished to do! Lotto dreams...at least unless there is a major change in education policy in this country.

Hmm, we'll be looking at election results by this time next week...guess we'll see how much energy for change there is in this country. Be prepared to see me weeping tears of blood and rooting around for my passport application if John Howard and his cronies are returned!

2 comments:

JCK said...

I know what you mean about the ambivalence - the pressure of committing to writing everyday and yet it also feeling good to do it. And yes... you are more than halfway! Yeah!

cecily said...

Oh my... I am so with you on the John Howard thing. Part of me can't wait for the whole thing to be over and the other part of me is not sure, because I really couldn't stand it if Jonnie gets back in!

  © Free Blogger Templates Spain by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Blog Background is Texture With Filigree by Cindy - Queen Bee Baking Company

Back to TOP