Friday, November 30, 2007

The end of November


Today marks the end of 30 days of consecutive blogging for myself and thousands of other dedicated idiots bloggers around the world participating in NaBloPoMo 2007. Another group of idiots extremely dedicated writers aimed to complete a 50,000 word novel for NaNoWriMo. An extremist splinter group of masochists A few brave souls were attempting both and are probably looking around, recognising children grown a month older, and a winter pelt of hair on legs or face when they glance in the mirror (or both, if extremely unlucky or hormonally challenged). Whether they manage to re-integrate into mainstream society successfully remains to be seen, and may be the subject of a future Stanford University study...

I didn't manage (nor attempt) to write a novel this November, but I did a number of other things.

I wrote, every day. It's been a long time since I could say that, and I'm proud of it. My output wasn't prodigious, nor particularly brilliant or illuminating, but the creative part of my soul appreciates that the rest of me joined in and allowed me to be whole for a little while every day. I've been side-lining my creative side for too long.

I made new friends - I've banged this drum a few times already this month, so I won't labour it. You know who you are (at least I hope you do!). I hope we can keep reading, commenting, sharing and caring. It's been a great pleasure sharing the journey with you all.

I read some amazing blogs and personal stories. Really, some of you just knock my socks off. The power and resilience of the human spirit can be read through the cyber-pages of a sample of blogs I have read this month. What some of you have dealt with, and continue to deal with every single day, is awe-inspiring - and then you turn up and blog and laugh and worry about the next person. Good on you! Reading blogs restores my faith in the human spirit on a daily basis.

I have learnt so much about blogging, social net-working, online marketing, the Internet in general. More then I ever expected, and once again down to the incredible resource which is the blogging world. Computers always fascinated me by the way they shaped simple code to store vast amounts of information; the process was at once alien and fascinating. Bloggers are the human side of computing; they, too, offer vast amounts of information, but they offer it with a personal voice, an accent, a viewpoint, an opinion, a smile. No wonder more people than ever before are going online. Learning will never be the same again. Even a passionate reader like myself can understand and embrace that idea.

So, was doing NaBloPoMo 2007 worthwhile? Hell, yes!

Will I be back again tomorrow?

Wait and see...

7 comments:

JCK said...

Hey,Hot Mama! This was an AWESOME post. You knock MY socks off! I loved "meeting" you and will continue to pop over to see what you are up to.

This was your best post yet, I think.

ruddygood said...

Wow...you have left me feeling very humble and grateful. Your comment underlines everything good said about writing from the heart, which is what I did last night - I had no idea from one paragraph to the next what I was going to say. I guess I found the right words. Thank you so much. :0 And ditto...

Anonymous said...

Oh yes, you sure did find the right words! It makes me feel very humble, and I realize I still have a long way to go!
Have a very nice weekend!

Anonymous said...

Oh yes, you sure did find the right words! It makes me feel very humble, and I realize I still have a long way to go!
Have a very nice weekend!

Red Dirt Mummy said...

I tried to leave a comment the other day but blogger was being a bugger! So... I just wanted to let you know how much I enjoyed reading your blog during the huge event of November. I loved your writing, your pictures and your thoughts on 'stuff'. Thankyou for sharing it all with us.

Anonymous said...

I have really enjoyed reading your blog and getting to 'know' you as a writer and a photographer. Hope you keep posting on a regular basis.

ruddygood said...

Thanks, jientje, rdm, and tiff - I value your company and your comments and have greatly enjoyed reading your blogs too.

I will be back shortly...I am having a very hectic week with no time for posting! (I am re-claiming the nights for some catch-up sleep night, without the "have-to" compulsion of NaBlo...)

  © Free Blogger Templates Spain by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Blog Background is Texture With Filigree by Cindy - Queen Bee Baking Company

Back to TOP